Sunday, March 15, 2009

I can still choose to be happy.

All rights reserved; this copy is given to you.
For information on copies please contact:
Growing Together Counseling and Education
801 224 3001 http://www.GrowingTogetherCounseling.com






Sometimes I get so sad that all I can dois go to my room,pull the covers over my headand cry myself to sleep.

Dad says I don't have to be that sad.

He says it is not what happens,but what I think about what happens,that makes me feel so sad.

He said next time something happens that I don't like, to listen to the things I am saying myself.

When I started to listen to myself talk,I heard my self say things like,"I didn't like what happened.

That shouldn't have happened to me.

If people liked me, it wouldn't have happened.

No body likes me.Nothing good ever happens to me.

I must be a terrible person.

Then I get sadder and sadder thinking sad things,

so I go hide in my be and cry and cry until I fall asleep.

Dad said I can choose what thoughts I think.

I can choose my self talk.When something I don't like happens,

I can say,I don't like what happened, but then,

I can still choose to be happy.So I do.

Most the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment